Three steps to follow if you require technical support, device repair or customisation:
1. Contact us
Please call us on 1300 85 55 85 or email us at email@example.com and the NovitaTech technician will discuss the problem with you and determine what the best solution is.
- When a device requires service or repairs, the technician will provide you with a Return Authorisation (RA) number and will also explain how to safely pack and send your device to our electronics workshop facility. This RA number, along with a completed Request for Service Form (see below), is used to log all service or repairs jobs into our system.
2. Lodge a Request For Service form
Please download, read and complete a printed Request For Service Form (PDF - 33kb). Keep a copy of the completed RA form for reference.
Alternatively you can send us a written letter or an email including these details:
- the RA number given to you by the technician
- a list of all items to be sent in to our service facility
- clear details describing the fault or issues you’re having with the device
- any previous history of known repairs
- what you want to be repaired or customised on the device
- name and return postal address (post offices and P.O. boxes cannot be used for any computerised equipment)
- name and phone number of a contact person to discuss the repair, if needed
- the name and address of the person who will accept the account
- an indication as to whether a quote is required prior to any repair work commencing.
NB: A device which arrives without an RA Number or a Completed Request for Service Form could run the risk of being delayed in getting the repairs carried out. Please check before sending in any device.
3. Sending in your device
You may either drop off the device directly at NovitaTech reception or by using a reliable freight service / Australia Post Registered Post service which supports both tracking and insurance. Please ensure you securely pack the device using a strong suitable box with a good quantity of protective packing material.
NovitaTech cannot be held liable for any damage caused to a device or its accessories which may relate to poor packing methods used or any mishandling by others whilst in transit to us.
Please remember to include a printed copy of the completed Request for Service Form.
Address it to:
The Electronics Workshop Technician
Assistive Technology Department
171 Days Road Regency Park SA 5010
What happens next ?
Once we receive your device, the technician will inspect the device, access it and contact you accordingly to discuss the expected cost of any work which is to be carried out.
Any non-warranty workshop-based service carried out will attract a minimum charge of $50.00 Ex GST, plus any return freight costs.
This page last updated: 5 October 2012
URL for this page: http://www.novitatech.org.au/content.asp?p=764