First prize - Best website/Best web strategy (Australian Community ICT Awards) 2007
The award recognises the nonprofit organisation that has led the way in the innovative use of websites and web strategies, applying best practice in accessibility, user friendliness and creative use of media in a non-profit context.
Novita was applauded for the clever design and use of emerging technologies in its website, enabling easy access for people having movement, hearing, vision, literacy and learning impairments.
Second place prize winner in Hesta Web Awards competition
The 100 plus websites from across Australia, entered in the competition, were judged by an independent panel of experts on the following aspects:
- Visual design - how the site looks
- Content - how well the site provides the information sought by the target audience(s)
- Interactivity - how well the site provides ways for visitors to communicate with the organisation via things like email, chat rooms, e-commerce
- Structure and navigation - how easy it is for site visitors to find information on the site and move about the site
- Functionality/accessibility - how well the site has been built to work with a range of different computers and web browsers and how it works for people with disability
- Overall experience - all those other things that encourage the site visitor to revisit the site.
Janice Adams, Hesta Client Services Manager (SA/NT)
presenting the silver award to Glenn Rappensberg, Novita Chief Executive
At the time of judging the Novita Children's Services was known by it's previous name - The Crippled Children's Association of South Australia (CCA).
Novita is proud that the excellence of its sites has been recognised by an independent group, confirming that the sites are providing a valued service to website visitors.
This page last updated: 4 July 2012
Substantial page review: 11 September 2006
For further information please contact us
URL for this page: http://www.novitatech.org.au/content.asp?p=499