Benefits of Testing
There is no requirement for many items to be Australian Standards tested before putting them up for sale. However as a purchaser of this type of equipment we recommend you limit purchase to items that are:
- Products that have been tested and approved to Australian and international standards can be relied upon as quality products that will stand the test of time and perform to expectations (ie strength, reliability and endurance is assured).
- Products that have been certified to these standards have been assessed independently from the manufacturer.
- Certified products have traceability to both the manufacturer and supplier in Australia if there is a problem.
What can we test?
The terms of our NATA registration (no. 2953) enable us to offer NATA endorsed reports on:
- Manual wheelchairs
- Electric wheelchairs and their batteries
- Shower/toilet chairs and commodes
- Bath seats
- Vehicle mounted hoists and ramps
- Ignitability of upholstered furniture
- Walking aids
- Patient lifting and moving aids
- Motor vehicles controls for drivers with disability
- Hospital beds
- Lower limb prostheses
If you are unsure whether we are able to provide testing for your product, please contact one of our technicians.
This page last updated: 4 October 2012
URL for this page: http://www.novitatech.org.au/content.asp?p=380